To protect our Christian witness to a lost world, Bellevue Baptist Church continues its long-standing practice of requiring ceremonies, employee conduct, and facility uses to be in harmony with its doctrinal beliefs as expressed in the Southern Baptist Convention’s most recently adopted statement of faith.
In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Position: Ministry Assistant
- Support the Office of the Pastor working under the supervision of the Administrative Pastor.
- Administrator to Deacon Chairman, Vice Chairmen and Secretary.
- Process incoming calls for the Office of the Pastor
- Receive Guests and Visitors
- Receive all incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain files
- Give support to Administrative Assistants for Pastor, Administrative and Associate Pastors as needed
- Work with the Deacon Chairman, Vice Chairmen and Secretary
- Maintain church calendar as it relates to the Deacon Ministry
- Process church recommendations brought before the deacon body, the church business meeting and church clerk
- Maintain yearly deacon record book which includes list of active deacons, membership and financial records, deacon meeting minutes, church recommendations and ministerial and deacon ordination records; process school and seminary recommendations
- Phone Room – Sunday morning Telephone Counseling – Send out Bibles and materials on Monday following and complete weekly, monthly and yearly reports.
- From May to December – work with the Prospective Deacon Interview Committee and David Coombs to coordinate the work of bringing new and returning deacons to active deacon service.
- Prepare annual history of Bellevue Baptist Church for Shelby Associational Letters
- Prepare birthday cards/gift cards for staff from Senior, Associate and Administrative pastors
- Prepare bereavement letters, prayer letters, and other correspondence as requested by Senior Pastor
- Prepare Senior Pastor’s Sunday Schedule information, arranging active deacons/laymen Prayer with the Pastor
- Prepare all mail merge lists and letters for bulk mailings
- Manage Ministers on Call calendar and distribute weekly
- Order office supplies, culinary and printing supplies
- Distribute Sunday Orders of Service received from Tech Services for Office of the Pastor
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Supervises (Number of employees this position supervises): None
Co-Workers of this position:
Interaction with co-workers in the Office of the Pastor, as well as other ministers, department heads and coordinators.
Days/Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Compensation Plan: Non-exempt
Safety/Ergonomic Issues: Office setting with minimal manual labor
Education Required: High School Diploma required and College degree preferred.
Specific Experience Required:
- General office and administrative experience with strong computer skills required
- Church administrative support experience helpful but not required
Specific Skills Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional telephone manner
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Confidentiality required
- Ability to adapt to quick changes in daily duties
- Reading, writing and math skills
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet, etc.). Experience with TouchPoint, Evernote and eSPACE a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally lift boxes up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Inside- Office/Desk setting
Hospitality Team Member - Reception
Job Title: Hospitality Team Member – Reception
The Hospitality team models intentional hospitality and ministry excellence in all aspects of our ministry. As a member of the Hospitality team, the incumbent will be expected to support the efforts of the department even when assignments may fall outside of the job description.
Major Duties: Answer and direct incoming phone calls to the appropriate area. Provide general information regarding services, special events, and programs. Greet and provide directions for visitors.
Specific Tasks: Open and close the switchboard daily. Answer and direct incoming calls to the appropriate areas in a professional manner representing Bellevue Baptist Church. Provide general information to callers, regarding services, special events, programs, etc., as needed. Screen and admit individuals needing access to the Administrative office area, daily, as needed. Greet and direct visitors to the appropriate area or notify the appropriate person of the visitor, daily, as needed. Contact appropriate in-house or outside emergency personnel, as needed. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Supervisor’s Philosophy: Independent-makes assignments and expects completion without close supervision. Is willing to teach and assist as needed. Expects cooperation and teamwork.
7 Co-workers. Work individually and independent of each other much of the time.
Co-workers provide coverage for the operator’s breaks and absences. The switchboard is located in an open area and the operator has constant interaction with anyone passing through the reception area.
Days/Hours: Part time – 22-25 hours per week average primarily Monday-Friday. Will be required to cover Sundays and Wednesdays in a rotating manner. Occasional weekends or evenings may also be required for special events (examples include: Graduations, Singing Christmas Tree).
Compensation Plan: Non-exempt
Career Growth Opportunities: Welcome to inquire about opportunities within the church. No definite progression.
Safety/Ergonomic Issues: Requires constant, repetitive answering the phone and transferring calls by pressing buttons on the switchboard. Requires repetitive typing and sitting for long periods of time.
Ability to Restructure Job/Environment to Fit Employee: Limited
Environment Situations: Office environment located in an open area with other staff constantly passing the Switchboard desk. No privacy.
Education Required: Minimum—High school diploma, Preferred: Some college
Certificate/License Required: None
Specific Experience Required: Data entry, Preferred: Switchboard
Specific Skills Required:
- Customer Service experience a plus
- Computer experience, including MS Word and Excel
- Bellevue membership and working knowledge of Bellevue Baptist Church, its departments, and its functions is preferred
- General office skills
- Telephone skills
- Interpersonal skills.
- Multi-task skills, be able to handle multiple phone lines ringing and difficult calls
Read, write; organize work, computer skills, telephone skills, interpersonal skills. Ability to answer calls in a friendly, cheerful, polite, and professional manner. Skills to handle multiple phone lines ringing and to handle difficult calls.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Normal indoor office conditions
Job Title: Coffee Barista
Major Duties: Make/serve coffee; serve snack food/lunch; clean/maintain Café area
Daily: make/serve coffee, snacks and lunches. Greet customers with a pleasant attitude. Maintain products and equipment at front counter. Keep storage closet organized and clean. Break down empty boxes to be picked-up by housekeeping. Maintain/restock vending machines. Count money/make change in front of customers. Count money at the end of day and put in safe. Operate iPad Square for all cash and credit card sales. Clean counter, floor and equipment. Clean tables/chairs in Café area.
Weekly: move tables/chairs when necessary (usually only on Sunday).
As necessary: assist with new employee/volunteer training.
Days/Hours: average 2-4 days; less than 29 hours; extra hours during VBS & SCT and other special events. Must be willing and have the ability to adapt to changes in weekly schedule with short notice as needed.
Compensation Plan: Non-exempt – hourly
Career Growth Opportunities: faithful employment could lead to other opportunities throughout the church
Safety/Ergonomic Issues: possible burns (hot beverages/equipment), light lifting up to 25 pounds
Work Environment Situations: some long, demanding and stressful days; will work closely with church members/employees and volunteers; always a pleasant and friendly Christian work environment.
Education Required: high school diploma preferred
Specific Experience Required: 1 year work experience in face-to-face customer service role is preferred.
Specific Skills Required: basic math (ability to take money and make change); basic iPad skills; customer service skills; be able to work independently and make executive decisions when needed.
Physical Abilities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must stand for long hours on a regular basis and must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Indoor temperature controlled work environment
Job Title: Sous Chef
Status: Full Time
Responsible for daily production of all food preparation in coordination with and fulfillment of the Culinary Ministry Manager’ commitments to clients and calendar information systems. Oversees work of back-of-house Culinary Ministry personnel and provides coaching and feedback to personnel in all facets of daily back-of-house production tasks including maintaining proper food storage and handling practices. Works closely with the front-of-house Crew Leader to ensure continuity in the service of all Culinary Ministry events. Maintain a sanitary and healthy working environment.
- To set an example, uphold and champion all Culinary Ministry plans and goals as set forth by our Lord Jesus Christ
- Responsible to be out in a highly visible position for leadership and supervision while expediting Culinary Ministry events.
- Manages all daily operations of kitchen cleaning and food production.
- Works closely with Culinary Ministry Manager to develop and provide menus, while staying current to latest trends.
- Keep staff informed of all important information and events, upkeep and use of the church’s facilities. Direct involvement of working alongside of the staff. Requirements include teaching, training, and sharing of your accumulated Culinary Ministry experiences with personnel.
- Commitment to develop a work environment of close relationships, genuine trust, respect, accountability and encouragement is essential.
- Must be appropriately dressed and groomed in proper uniform at all times.
- Any and all duties as assigned by the Culinary Ministry Manager
Accountable to the Culinary Ministry Manager for exceeding standards in the areas of food production and cleanliness.
Independent, but always keeps close eye on daily operations and tasks.
Assumes integrity and honesty of others.
Gives direction, coaching and training to full-time Cooks in meeting job performance objectives, timely food product production, exceptional food quality, and for meeting cleanliness and sanitation standards.
Sous Chef: Must work closely with the Culinary Ministry Manager and Front-of-House Crew leader to successfully complete all Culinary Ministry Events.
Compensation Plan: Hourly; non-exempt
On feet for long hours and some heavy lifting
Some long, demanding, stressful days. Even sometimes chaotic but always a pleasant and friendly Christian work environment.
High School degree
Accreditation preferred, but not required.
Specific Experience Required:
Three years minimum kitchen supervisory experience. Experience in determining quantity food preparation as well as small party production. Previous experience in a role where safe food handling, identification and storage, food handling sanitizing and storage of equipment, utensils and flatware were included as key competencies of the position(s) requirements.
Specific Skills Required:
Basic mathematics, quantity calculation, recipe reading and production, organization and leadership abilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and bend; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hot and cold working conditions, frequent exposure to high heat, steam and freezers.
Ministerial Assistant positions (Internships)
Bellevue’s Ministerial Assistant Leadership Track is a program designed to intentionally raise up year-round ministerial assistants and send out prepared ministry leaders. Through monthly seminars with Bellevue’s Leadership Team as well as hands-on, practical ministry opportunities, ministerial assistants will gain valuable tools and resources that will prepare them for future ministry.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Teaching and caretaker responsibilities for children ages 0 to 5 years during church services and 0 to 5th grade for special events.
Specific tasks include:
Follow curriculum prepared by Childcare staff with minimal supervision including:
Working with children on crafts and interacting with them at play time on their eye level.
Part-time – approx. 5 hours weekly. Currently needing workers for evenings and special church wide events.
Specific Experience/Age Required:
Childcare experience required. Must be 16 years of age or older.
Must have good verbal communication skills to interact with parents.
Physical Abilities (Demand Characteristics):
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to physically pick-up children ages 0 to 3 years and change diapers according to childcare department standards.
Other Requirements: Must complete a criminal background check and drug screen.
Working Conditions: Inside temperature controlled environment.
How to apply for employment with Bellevue:
Apply By Mail
Apply by Mail
- Print and complete the Employment Application and mail to:
- Bellevue Baptist Church
2000 Appling Road
Cordova, TN 38016